Patient and Office Guidelines
- Please arrive to your appointments on time. If early, please wait in your vehicle until scheduled time.
- Ideally only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. Exceptions will be made for young patients, special needs patients, and others that need extra assistance.
- Please wear a mask to the appointment. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one although our supply is limited.
- Hand sanitizer will be available as you enter the building.
- Your temperature will be taken using a touchless thermometer. If your temp is above 100.4 degrees F, you may be asked to reschedule.
- A brief COVID-19 questionnaire will be asked regarding symptoms, travel, and exposure to a known COVID-19 source.
- Maintain 6-foot social distancing recommendation when in office. Waiting room chairs have been spaced out appropriately.
- Waiting room use will be minimized.
- All magazine, books, toys, and other items have been removed from the waiting room and surfaces around the office. The play zone in waiting room is closed.
- Common surfaces in the office will be disinfected continuously throughout the day.
- Temperatures will be taken as employees enter the office. Anyone with temperatures above 100.4 degrees F will be asked to leave.
- Employees will complete the same COVID-19 questionnaire as the patients.
- Masks will be worn by employees while at the office.
- N95 or level 3 masks will be worn by clinical staff during treatment.
- Face shields will be available to wear over masks and protective glasses during treatment.
- Gowns will be changed out between treatment patients.
- Head bonnets will be available.
- Employee break room use will be minimized.